About Martial Arts, MMA, Wrestling, and Boxing:
About the gym:
- The floor is washed daily with disinfectant. Twice or three time a day if necessary.
All shared equipment is disinfected after each training session.
- Men and women washroom are washed everyday at the opening of the gym. On the top of that there are building maintenance people who care to the stairs and washrooms every week.
About hygiene practice during our trainings:
- We have not wait for Covid 19 time… Since always, we offer medical gloves for techniques with contact on the face. Before anything else it was to make people comfortable touching the face to others during a training session… especially working on pressure points..
- Like some of our student are already doing during a class, please feel free to stop your training for washing your hands regularly if needed.
- If you want to show up dressed up for training and so avoid using the change room, there is no pb at all. you can do it!
- If you want to wear a mask during you training session, there is no pb, bring yours!
- If you want to avoid crossing people in the hall who are coming at class, when you’re leaving the gym after your training, please feel free to use the exit on the 17th Ave! Get in to the gym from the parking lot on the 16Ave, (parking lot is currently free) and get out from the 17ave. It’s a 5 minutes walk to go back at the parking lot.
About your responsibility as student:
- Keep your body, nails, hands, hair and clothes clean.
- Close toilets doors and maintain their level of hygiene.
- Bring a towel and additional T-shirt if necessary.
- Make sure to wash your hand before starting your training,
- Make sure to wash your hand after going to the toilet.
- Feel free to wash your hand as often as you want during the training,
- Feel free to train with someone which make you comfortable.
What you should do if you feel sick:
- As you’ve probably been doing since your childhood: stay home!
A few Hygienic practices basic rules:
Probably lots of us received it from our upbringing:
- wash your hands when you come from outside.
- don’t touch your face with dirty hands.
- wash your hands when you come back from shopping.
- do not leave goods in their packaging in the fridge, but take off the wrapping because the wrapping is dirty.
- wash your fridge regularly.
- wash your hands after using the toilet.
- wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- wash your hands after blowing your nose.
- stay home if you feel sick to not pass it to others.
The official Alberta guide: GUIDANCE FOR SPORT, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND RECREATION – STAGE 2 Can be found here: 👇
Anyway, if you are not comfortable yet to make physical contact with partners during your Krav Maga trainings, please stay home. We completely understand.
Take care, and stay healthy!