About the gym:
We did not wait for “Covid 19”, #politicians or the so-called “#top chief medical officers” to tell us how to clean our gym and stay healthy.
- You don’t have to wear a mask and there is no social distancing during the class.
- Since the beginning, the floor is washed daily with disinfectant. Twice or three time a day if necessary.
All shared equipment is disinfected after training sessions.
- Men’s and women’s washrooms are washed every day at the opening of the gym. On top of that, there are building maintenance people who come to clean the stairs and washrooms every week.
About hygiene practices during our trainings:
- Since the beginning, we offer medical gloves for techniques with contact on the face. It is to make people comfortable touching the face of others during a training session, especially working on pressure points.
- Like some of our student are already doing during a class, please feel free to stop your training to wash your hands if needed.
- If you want to show up dressed up for training and avoid using the change room, there is no problem at all.
- We don’t teach people who are wearing a mask. If you are scared of getting a virus, stay home.
About your responsibility as a student:
- Keep your body, nails, hands, hair and clothes clean.
- Close toilets doors and maintain a good level of hygiene.
- Bring a towel and additional T-shirt.
- Make sure to wash your hands before starting your training,
- Make sure to wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
- Feel free to wash your hands as often as you want during the training,
- Feel free to train with someone who makes you comfortable.
What you should do if you feel sick:
- As you’ve probably been doing since your childhood when you had a cold… stay home! to avoid passing it on to others.
A few hygiene basic rules:
Probably lots of us received it in our upbringing:
- wash your hands when you come home.
- don’t touch your face with dirty hands.
- wash your hands when you come back from shopping.
- do not leave goods in their packaging in the fridge, but take off the wrapping because the wrapping is dirty.
- wash your fridge regularly.
- wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- wash your hands after blowing your nose.
- stay home if you feel sick as to not pass it on to others.
The official Alberta guide: GUIDANCE FOR SPORT, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND RECREATION, can be found here: 👇
Take care, and stay healthy!