Be ready for the unexpected!
You will adapt the quantities and the tools according to your vehicle and the number and age of people traveling.
- Window breaker and seatbelt cutter. (Tool to have next to you)
- A fire extinguisher.
- Reflective warning vest.
- Warning triangle.
- Booster cables.
- Tool box.
- A folding shovel or snow shovel.
- Traction mats or traction straps.
- Warm jackets, gloves and wool hats. (Even in the summer, nights can be cold, and you could have to wait for help in the middle of nowhere without being able to use your vehicle’s heater.)
- Warm blankets.
- 40-hour emergency candles.
- Fire starter squares and waterproof matches.
- Headlamp and extra batteries.
- A powerful flashlight.
- Individual water rations, minimum 125ml per person (bottles or containers).
- High calories food bars.
First Aid kit:
Refer to your first aid skills in order to build your own car kit.
” If your action plan for when your car breaks down involves calling a towing company, you have not planned enough.”