May: 1st & 15th
sold out July 1st sold out
Schedule: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Duration: 9 hours.
Minimum 4 people, maximum 10 people.
Certificate of accomplishment.
About the Program:
One only has to watch the news to notice an increase in violence.
In addition to the usual violence that we can see in our daily lives,
in 2021, the violence has a new face. It is now on the rise, fuelled by political agendas. We can no longer pretend we live in a peaceful world where nothing bad can ever happen to us. You can now walk with your kids and be harassed by a so called security guard at the entrance of a public area or assaulted while shopping at Canadian Tire, just to name a few.
It is probably time for the good guys to take up their responsibility and to do their best to protect themselves and their loved ones.
If you do not have any self-defence skills, this program will give you access to the ” Get prepared” levels 1 & 2 program.
Part 1: Introduction
- Self-defence in Canada. Situational awareness and threat assessment.
- The quicker you can anticipate an attack, the better your chances are for success.
- About Emergency preparedness.
Part 2: Self-defence techniques
- Warming up.
- The principles of defence and attack.
- Behaviours and tactics.
- Pre-assault indicators: verbal aggression & body language.
- Practice of different strikes.
- Defence against different grabs.
- The basis of defence on the ground.
- Workout Drills.
What it takes to participate:
- Open to women and men.
- 16 years old and up. (Fathers and sons more than welcome)
- 100% commitment during the workshop.
- Must not have a criminal record, no matter the reason.
- Lunch breaks will be short, so bring something that you can carry with you that does not require any preparation.
- Bring any other snacks you want and a water bottle.
Clothing and Gear Required:
- Clean indoor shoes.
- Wear t-shirts or long-sleeves; no sleeveless tops and make sure to wear pants that will stay up and everything remains covered.
- Towel and several t-shirts if needed.
- Groin protection is recommended.
Any questions before booking a spot? Please email us at: kravmagacalgary@pm.